Drawing is an art that has been practiced for centuries and is something that almost everyone can learn. A child’s first scribbling is a way of expressing themselves, and drawing can be a simple and fun skill to develop. Moreover, it is not a very expensive hobby, as it can start with just paper and a pencil. However, with time, it can go on to acquiring expensive pens and tablets, which are computer hardware that allows you to draw on your computer.
Today, unlike in earlier days, getting information on drawing and sketching is very easy and inexpensive. With the advent of the internet, you can search for information on Google and find various sites that teach drawing. Also, this art form is liked by many young people today.
With constant and systematic practice, anyone can become a great artist. Here are some drawing tips that can help you improve your skill and become an artist:
- Ensure the light is from your left side if you are a right-handed person. This will prevent your hand shadow from falling on your paper.
- Start by practicing drawing lines, straight lines, curved lines, scribbled lines, and circles. Your hand should obey the command of your thoughts and visions. You should control your hand and be able to bring out what you want.
- Further develop drawing circles, oval shapes, crossed lines, and bold and thick lines. Just as a baby develops from the crawling stage to the walking stage, your art should also develop step by step.
- These lines and curves are like pillars of a building. The foundation should be strong enough to have a good building. Similarly, these initial small lines and curves will go a long way in your career. You should also start controlling the stress on your pencil. You should be able to bring the correct darkness and thickness in the lines you draw.
- Initially, you may not be able to draw a circle or an oval shape correctly. Nevertheless, don’t get discouraged. You should practice until you achieve perfection. Keep all your drawings carefully from the start to know how you are improving. You could also date your sketches and preserve them for the future.
- Concentrate on the areas where you feel you are weak. If you are not able to shade properly, then learn more about how to do that. You can try out your style of shading. Build your individuality and never copy from another artist.
- Lastly, use good quality materials. 4B and 6B pencils and good chart paper or notebook with good quality paper should be sufficient to start with. Quality matters, so never compromise on it.
Drawing can be a great way to express yourself and have fun. With these tips, you can improve your drawing skills and become an artist. Moreover, it can be a very relaxing and stress-relieving hobby, and you can do it at any age. If you are interested in learning to draw, you can check out the Free Drawing Tutorials and search for tutorials from a drawing search engine.